It’s that time of year again when the leaves turn, flip-flops get buried under boots, and hot chocolate is your best friend. Throughout 2014 Nike has pushed the envelope with their innovative styles and technologies, and the new holiday release proves that Nike’s not stopping just because warm sunny days are behind us. In their late fall/holiday line for men you’ll find your favorite styles with clever new twists or in trend-setting colors such as gym red, silver wing, dusty cactus, and copper flash. Nike integrates their patented Dri-Fit technology in fabrics that pull moisture away from your skin so you stay cool and dry. With so many options to choose from we thought we’d give you our top five picks for which Nike looks to try on first!
1. The Nike Men’s Rally Sphere Stripe Tennis Crew is the perfect blend of a classic cut with modern updates like the allover print and lightweight fabrication. Pair the crew with the Nike Men’s Gladiator 2-in-1 9 Inch Tennis Short for a laid-back look on court. The four-way stretch fabric and Dri-Fit material found in both pieces will keep you comfortable so you can play your best match yet! No look would be complete without top-notch Nike tennis shoes, so we’ve added the popular Nike Men’s Lunar Ballistec Tennis Shoes, to the mix, offering premium cushioning and durability. Slip into them once and you’ll know why the King of Clay himself favors these kicks!
2. For a fun look in bright, fresh colors go with our second set: the Nike Men’s Premier Rafa Tennis Crew Dusty Cactus and Copper Flash and Nike Men’s Premier Gladiator Tennis Short. Also worn by Rafa at the end of the 2014 season, the shirt incorporates Nike’s 3-D Sphere technology that traps sweat and pulls it to the fabric surface for unsurpassed moisture management. With a mesh-lined waistband, side pockets and back panels the short are both functional and fashionable so you don’t have to sacrifice comfort or performance. Nike offers a coordinating Lunar Ballistec Tennis Shoes for this ensemble as well in white accented with the dusty cactus that’s oh so hot this season!
3. On colder days grab the Nike Premier Tennis Sweater and Nike Men’s Practice Tennis Pant to keep you warm. This soft, zip-front sweater features the Roger Federer (RF) logo at the left sleeve to showcase your sense of style and contrasting colors in a chevron pattern at the chest for a retro vibe. Nylon blend fabric has super stretch properties to allow free range of motion. The pant is designed with ball pockets for quick and easy access to gear plus a bonded zipper pocket on the backside for secure storage of smaller belongings. Add the Nike Men’s Advantage Graphic Tennis Polo to the mix for a fashion-forward look that gives you the winning edge by keeping you well ventilated. The Nike Men’s Vapor Court Tennis Shoes complement the ensemble and are a player favorite for speed.
4. Whether practicing or competing, the Nike Men’s Practice Long Sleeve French Terry Tennis Crew in Silver Wing keeps you covered without causing you to overheat, while the Nike Men’s Power 9 Inch Woven Tennis Short has details that make all the difference in your comfort level such as interior taping, an elastic waistband and a drawcord closure. Take the look – and your game – to the next level in the lightweight Nike Men’s Vapor Court Tennis Shoes that feature an ultra soft leather/synthetic leather blend upper for comfort and durability. Bonus item: Add the Nike Tennis Court Tech Backpack Black and Metallic Silver for a futuristic touch that will have your opponents Nike Volt Green with envy.
5. Our final favorites are for players who like the structured appeal of a collared top but still prefer a simple short. The Nike Men’s Dri-Fit Touch Tennis Polo is back in this collection in a new colorway but still retains those features you’ve loved in previous season like the three-button placket that allows you to adjust your fit and coverage, plus the rib knit collar and sleeves are the ultimate in comfort. The Nike Men’s Gladiator 2-in-1 9 Inch Tennis Short has an elastic waistband and drawcord closure as did our last short, ensuring you have the perfect fit every time. And again we bring you the sleek, polished look of the Nike Men’s Vapor Court (4E) Tennis Shoes, this time highlighting the wider width that we also carry.
Shop for these looks and more right now at TennisExpress.com. Then leave us a comment and let us know what pieces were your favorites – and why!