WTA players are finally catching up to me and sporting leggings in tournament play. In accordance with tournament regulations these are often worn under skirts, but at practice you can wear whatever you want and leggings allow for a complete range of motion and provide sun and cold protection! Check out these pros (Victoria Azarenka, Serena Williams, & Simona Halep) who aren’t afraid of spicing up their look with leggings!
If you’ve been following this blog for the past year, you know I live in spandex and as a result I have a lot of opinions on the features I want! I prefer full-length leggings to capris, but if you don’t have great knees you may like the extra compression around the bottom of your knee that comes with shorter pants. A wide waistband is essential since it comes up over your hips for a clean look and comfortable fit. You really don’t want your ultra comfy look to have a waistband digging into your hips painfully during play. If you want to wear your leggings during cross-training workouts, you’ll also want a key pocket since you won’t have a gym bag on your outdoor runs! Those components are found in the 7 leggings featured here, so read on to pick your favorite brand, length, and color.
7. Definitely the most feminine leggings you’d find me in are the Chrissie by Tail Kate Tennis Legging in Black and Dahlia. The versatile legging is constructed from Compression & Luxe Jersey fabric. The mesh inserts and open cuts make these my “dressy leggings,” but let’s not forget function: there are pockets!! These leggings are also on sale, so get yours now before we sell out.
6. Tennis Express is so excited to now carry the Italian-English brand Ellesse, and I’m excited because I now have access to the Granita Tennis Capri Pant. The contoured, compression fit is good enough for Monica Puig, so it’s good enough for me! At just $40.00, these are the cheapest leggings included here.
5. Train like Venus Williams in the Eleven Agility Tennis Capri in Royal. This short-length legging features mesh inserts on the sides of the knees that add style and ventilation where you need it most. If you ask me, this is the perfect size for a waistband – large and flat for complete comfort and a secure fit.
4. The Nike Baseline Power Tennis Tight features printed mesh side panels for breathability and side kangaroo pockets that offer convenient ball (or key!) storage. Additionally, Dri-FIT technology provides sweat management which you’ll definitely need when working out in full length pants.
3. The Lacoste Ultra Dry Back Key Pocket Technical Tennis Leggings wick away moisture and use mesh inserts to create a super comfortable fit. The timeless style you always get from Lacoste is especially appreciated with such edgy leggings. And you’re in luck because they’re on sale so it’s the perfect time to try this luxury brand!
2. Perfect for any and every day, the Under Armour Heatgear Coolswitch Capri uses ultra light HeatGear technology to help you stay cool in extremely hot temperatures. These are the ultimate leggings in compression gear, using a polyester-elastane blend for ultra durable capris that will last for many, many seasons.
1. Bright and ready for the 2017 French Open, we have the Adidas Roland Garros Tennis Leggings Core Green. adidas has always led the field with innovative technologies and these leggings use climacool fabric to conduct heat and sweat away from the body and allow air to circulate close to the skin, so you stay cool and dry.
Honestly, you’re going to instantly fall in love with leggings so you’ll need several pairs in your wardrobe to get started! Happy Shopping today at TennisExpress.com!